Dedicated to all who feel the pain, whomever and wherever you are. "If I Can Dream" performed by Elvis Presley
You can't escape this tragedy. It's on every channel, in every conversation, on all the radio stations, in every search. It is sadness to the maximum degree. We know what happened, when, where, how, who, but none of us know why. Perhaps we never will.
My friend Al wrote an article to vent his feelings: The Lesson from the Connecticut Shootings It's good. It's informative. It put things into a different more real perspective than the surrealism of this sad sad thing that's happened.
I'd been avoiding this. I guess I thought I could hide from the news, from the details long enough that they might finally go away. Foolish, I know.
Update Dec 16, 2012: I found this on Newsvine and wanted to make sure my friends were also aware of it. It's beautiful: WHERE DID THE SANDY HOOK SCHOOL'S INNOCENT GO: OVER THE RAINBOW_— by maria-lyn
Finally I Googled the only name he didn't mention in his article. There was a picture, but Al never named this person in what he wrote. So, I Googled:
--- Adam Lanza ---
That's all that I Googled. This is what was returned just in the first page of hits:
- A Mother, a Gun Enthusiast and the First Victim
- Her killer was her son Adam Lanza, 20, who then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed 26 more people, 20 of them small …
- Adam Lanza Was A 'Loner' Who Felt Little Pain: Teacher
- Connecticut school shooting: Troubled life of Adam Lanza, a fiercely ...
- Adam Lanza was reclusive, painfully shy and intensely bright. He also lived in a house full of guns.
- Adam Lanza's family: Mom liked parlor games, guns; dad, a tax exec ...
- The mother of the gunman behind Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre liked to play parlor games in a ladylike setting with neighbors, …
- Connecticut Shooter Adam Lanza: Quiet, Bright, Troubled - ABC News
- Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old who killed 20 kids and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school Friday, was very bright, say neighbors and …
- Peter Lanza Statement: Father Of Adam Lanza Says - Huffington Post
- Peter Lanza, the father of 20-year-old Adam Lanza, who shot to death his mother in their home and then slaughtered 26 people in an …
- Killer Adam Lanza 'Could Not Feel Pain,' Deeply Disturbed
- Alleged mass murderer Adam Lanza has been described by those who know him as a “deeply disturbed kid” who was “subject to outbursts.
- Sandy Hook mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, 'deeply disturbed kid ...
- He was dark and disturbed, a deeply troubled boy from a wealthy family who unnerved his neighbors and classmates.
- Adam Lanza: What We Know : The Two-Way : NPR
- Confusion has surrounded the actions and motives of the young man said to behind the deadly attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School in …
- Adam Lanza: the quiet, friendless boy whom no one knew | World ...
- High school year book had no photograph of Adam Lanza, only the words ' camera shy'
- I am Adam Lanza's Mother - The Blue Review | The Blue Review
- Three days before 20 year-old Adam Lanza killed his mother, then opened fire on a classroom full of Connecticut kindergartners, my 13-year …
Without reading any of the articles, I learned more than I ever wanted to know. I couldn't read them. I can't read them. But, no matter how much one reads, no one will ever know really why this awful thing happened.
Some want to blame God for this. That's not right. God didn't do this. And, there's no one alive to blame this on. Adam Lanza did it. And he's dead too. It's done, and it can't be undone. Adam Lanza did it. We'll never know exactly why.
Enough already! I couldn't read any more about it. It was already too much, so I went back to the tracker to find other stories, about other things. Different things to take my mind off of this sad sad thing.
Then I read a story on the Newsvine, This Is My Response … (My Mother) Died., from another Newsvine friend, about the loss of her mom, and the anger between family and extended family. That brought me back to the loss of my own brother-in-law and best friend just 12 days ago. All I could bring myself to write as consolation in a comment to my friend was this:
- Too many words. Too much sadness, Too much pain.
- God Bless you, your dad and family, and especially your mom.
- Let it go. Let the hard feelings fade away,
- Keep the fond memories and Love in your heart.
- Let the rest fade away.
If I could, that's what I think I would want to say to the moms and dads, sister and brothers, aunts, uncles, grampas and grammas of all those who were victims of the crazieness in Sandy Hook. But, honestly, I don't think I could ever say those words out loud, without losing it. They're hard enough to type right now through the tears.
I can't share that with them. I can only say a prayer and know that they all are now in the loving arms of The Lord, or whatever pleasant afterlife they and/or you believe in if it's not God. They didn't just die. Their souls are somewhere, safe and no longer in harms way.
To my friends here, reading these words and dealing with the same feelings we all have now, all I can say to you is this...
Too many words. Too much sadness, Too much pain.
God Bless you, your families and all those who have passed beyond this Earthly realm.
Let it go. Let the hard feelings fade away,
Keep the fond memories and Love in your heart.
Let the rest fade away.
The Prayer (dedicated to the children and adults of Sandy Hook, there families and friends.) Performed by Celtic Woman - A New Journey: Live at Slane Castle, Ireland 2006
The Soft Goodbye, performed by Celtic Woman 2005
The Soft Goodbye
when the light begins to fade
and shadows fall across the sea,
one bright star in the evening sky.
your love's light leads me on my way.
there's a dream that will not sleep,
a burning hope that will not die.
so I must go now with the wind,
and leave you waiting on the tide.
time to fly, time to touch the sky.
one voice alone, a haunting cry.
one song, one star burning bright,
may it carry me through darkest night.
rain comes over the gray hills,
and on the air, a soft goodbye.
hear the song that I sing to you
when the time has come to fly.
when I leave and take the wind
and find the land that faith will bring,
the brightest star in the evening sky
is yours to find for me.
is yours to find for me.
CoH and NUA apply