As a result of publishing the first set of ideas to help fix what has gone wrong with our government, more ideas were generated and added. This is an extension of Part I, but with new and different ideas that, once refined, could help make the U.S. Government more of a government "Of The People, By The People and For The People" that President Abraham Lincoln once proudly boasted it was, even during our nations darkest hours.
PROPOSED NEW National Campaign Guidelines
to create a More Level Playing Field for All Candidates,
by reducing the influence of Big Money on the Campaign Process:
added as of September 24, 2012
6. Campaigns for President and Vice President of The United States of America, shall be seperated and not conjoined. That is, there shall be no two-candidate party ticket of President and Vice President. Thus, it would be possible that the winners of the President and Vice President elections could be from two different political parties.
7. Campaigns for President and Vice President of the United States will be funded by public funds, and be conducted in advertising venues much the same as Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are conducted, in as much as the advertising for each side will be of equal time and frequency, and the cost of such shall be borne by the media outlet as its public responsibility to engender an informed public. That is to say, limited advertising will be provided free of charge to candidates, in equal amounts to all candidates. The candidate will have sole discretion over the content of his/her ads and commercials.
8. Campaign advertisements that contain provable lies, defamations, slanders, and/or libelous remarks will be subject to civil and possible criminal prosecution of the candidate for promoting mis-information about him/herself or an opponent. That is to say, if a candidate lies about another candidate, the candidate promoting the lie can be sued in court for slander, libel, defamation and/or other appropriate civil actions. If a candidate lies about him/herself that candidate can be sued for false advertising. The purpose of this rule is to promote honest campaigns in order to provide the citizens a true choice between candidates.
9. Debates between candidates for President and Vice President of the United States shall be held in public forums, and broadcast exclusively on public broadcast television and radio. All candidates qualified to run for these offices shall be invited to participate in any and all debates, without exception. However, no candidate shall be compelled to participate involuntarily.
10. Campaigns for President and Vice President of The United States shall begin in June of the year prior to assuming office, and end in November on the designated election day. (Primary campaign and elelctions for the selection of a particular party's candidate will be conducted prior to June, and will be paid for completely by the party, which will receive no public funding for the Primary campaigns or the Party Convention(s) or for any other costs associated with the party selecting its candidate for the June-November Campaign Season.)
THAT's JUST A START!
Comments? Suggestions? New ideas? Want to have some fun on Newsvine? Then join The EAGLE Party
What ideas DO YOU have to make our political campaigns shorter, more honest and less costly through implementation of these initiatives from The EAGLE Party?
I hope you found this informative,
entertaining or hopefully both.
If you'd like to see more of my articles,
songs, poems and stuff
click on either of these links below,
Be sure to VOTE and leave me a NOTE
and Thanks for stopping by!